Regrowable raw materials are increasingly used in industrial production. They are to be produced sustainably and given credible certification. The aim of the INRO 'Initiative for the Sustainable Supply of Raw Materials for the Industrial Use of Biomass' is to reach an agreement with industrial companies on the voluntary certification of renewable raw materials to the point of their first processing.
The participants at INRO are:
- Companies from the chemicals, automobile, packing, consumer goods, materials, hydraulic lubricants and lubricants, varnishes/paints industries;
- Industrial federations and associations
- German ministries and authorities
- Environmental and development organisations and
- German certification systems
On the basis of a resolution of the German Bundestag sponsored by